Easy to do Pumpkin and Chocolate Loaf
Serving Size : 1
Preparation Time :1:20
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice — * see note
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup black walnuts — finely chopped
— Spicy glaze: —
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons light cream
* If pumpkin pie spice is not available, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon each of ginger and cloves.
1. Grease bottom and sides of 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Set oven to 350
2. Combine flour with soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Cream margarine in large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar and cream at
high speed of mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs; beat well.
4. Turn mixer to low speed and add dry ingredients, alternating with pumpkin.
Begin and end with dry ingredients; blend well after each addition.
5. Stir in chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts.
6. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Bake for 65-75
minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool, then
glaze with spice glaze.
Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon
cinnamon. Blend in 1-2 tablespoons light cream until the consistency desired
(should be thin).
Here some suggestions for you about chocolate: