* 5 oz. butter
* 5 oz. icing sugar
* 5 oz. chocolate
* 5 oz. all-purpose flour
* 6 eggs
* 1 tablespoon rum
* 1 tablespoon water
* 3 to 4 tablespoons apricot jam
* CHOCOLATE ICING
* 5 oz. chocolate
* 4 oz. granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup of water
* 1/4 teaspoon melted butter
1. Prepare round cake tin size 8 inches (20 cm).
2. Sift all-purpose flour twice.
3. Separate egg yolks and whites.
4. Cream butter with 4 oz.of icing sugar.
5. Melt chocolate with 1 tablespoon of water (chocolate must be soft but not hot).
6. Add egg yolks and melted chocolate gradually to butter and sugar mixture.
7. Add 1 tablespoon rum to mixture and stir lightly.
8. Preheat oven to 350 F
9. Whisk egg whites until stiff with 1 ounce icing sugar.
10. Put beaten egg whites into remaining mixture alternately with the all-purpose flour.
11. Bake in buttered and floured round cake tin for about 50 to 55 minutes.
12. When baked cool 2 minutes, than remove to cooling rack.
13. Spread 3 to 4 tablespoons of warmed apricot jam over cold cake and put chocolate icing on the cake.
14. CHOCOLATE ICING
15. In a saucepan dissolve 4 oz. granulated sugar in a 1/4 cup of water and than bring to boil.
16. Brush the sides of the saucepan with a brush dipped in cold water to prevent crystals forming.
17. Cook to ” small thread ” stage, than remove from fire and leave to cool.
18. Melt 5 oz. chocolate until soft but not hot.
19. Add lukewarm sugar into melted chocolate, than add a 1/4 teaspoon melted butter into chocolate icing and stir well.
20. Put chocolate icing on the cake.
21. NOTE: Thickness of the chocolate icing must be equal that of the apricot jam.
22. Serve next day with whipped cream if desired.
Here some suggestions for you about chocolate:by Amazon Auto Links